In this time of the pandemic crisis, many are choosing to shop online, and to have their purchases delivered to home. In addition to handling packages with attention to COVID-19 health safety related to both surfaces and content, this is a great time to be aware of home and community security.
Here are a few thoughts, ideas, tips and reminders!
- If you live in a community with gated or other controlled access security, touch base with your Homeowner’s Association and Property Manager for information and instructions about package delivery. Be very careful, and follow all community guidelines related to the release of any gate codes for access. Do this for your own safety and security, and for that of all your neighbors too.
- Be attentive to the packages arriving at your home or common area delivery center. Before opening, be sure the package is something you’ve ordered. If you receive a package you did not order, call on your HOA or property manager, and contact law enforcement for additional instructions.
- Be aware of scams. Criminal enterprise is opportunistic, and times of crisis leave people especially vulnerable. Scammers are often attempting to steal money or personal information used for identity theft. Look for warning signals or red flags that suggest fraud. Here’s a LINK to Rachel Hartman’s article in U.S. News & World Report: “Don’t Fall for These Coronavirus Scams” with good tips, and a helpful summary of risk areas. The Department of Justice has also released an important message. Here’s a LINK to “Department of Justice Announces Disruption of Hundreds of Online COVID-19 Related Scams: Hundreds of Domains Disrupted Through Public and Private Sector Cooperative Efforts”.
- Review the security features of your community including common area and home-specific cameras and locks. If your community has not yet considered security features, this may be a good time to do just that. There are a number of security strategies and options that provide some flexibility for coverage needs, and the allowances of individual owner and community budgets.
- Remain aware. Use good common sense. Engage preventive and protective measures. Look out for yourself, and at the same time look out for others too.
As you have time at your computers… This is a terrific time to imagine and plan for the future even as we work through the challenges of the present. Browse and enjoy the links below, and be sure to check out the interactive maps too! We’re a full service real estate brokerage, and work with home buyers and sellers. The CONDOATLANTA.com team would be delighted to speak with you.
CONDOATLANTA.com is a FULL SERVICE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE
Our brokerage is committed to expanding coverage of communities in the Greater Atlanta area, and to developing resources in support of our site visitors and clients. Be sure to follow us via a variety of social media platforms, and like and share our posts with others who might find these informative and helpful. Near the top of each page, you’ll find quick, easy and convenient share buttons. Several links follow below! We’re a full service real estate firm, and hope you’ll call on us when you’re ready to find your home, or as you prepare to list and sell the home you currently own.
CONDOATLANTA.com Connects with Social Media
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/condoatlanta
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/condoatlanta
Follow us on usa.life: https://usa.life/condoatlanta
Follow us on minds.com: https://minds.com/condoatlanta
Follow us on mix.com: https://mix.com/condoatlanta
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/condoatlanta
The Newsreel at CONDOATLANTA.com
Browse the articles posted at the CONDOATLANTA.com Newsreel. You’ll find posts with news of CONDOATLANTA site updates, helpful homeowner reminders, home maintenance tips, market updates, design trends, remodeling ideas, and more.
Atlanta and it’s suburbs are growing and dynamic, each with its own charisma and character. From historic charm to modern design concepts, the marketplace of homes in Greater Atlanta has so much to offer. We’re here to help you develop search ideas from size and style to preferences for community amenities, and home location. There is a home just right for everyone. Let’s find just the right place for you to call your own!
Ready, Set, Go! Call on Us for Your Coming Home Search
CastleAire Real Estate
404-939-5820 direct & text messaging
Georgia Firm License #H-39177